The Residential Real Estate Council (RRC), was established in 1976 to provide real estate brokers with shared knowledge and tools. Recognizing the need for advanced education, the Council developed training courses for sales agents and established the Certified Residential Specialist Designation.
Headquartered in downtown Chicago, the RRC is recognized as the leading provider of real estate education and networking for residential real estate agents, and the CRS Designation is considered the most prestigious designations a real estate agent can achieve.
RRC is seeking a hire a tenacious, creative, humble A-player who can work well with a team. As the Instructional Designer, you will be responsible for bringing a positive, high energy excitement to our members. You will need to have a firm understanding for the design, development, and implementation of high-quality, engaging training in various formats including written, multi-media, and digital forms. Let your enthusiastic personality shine through as you take ownership of all phases of instructional development projects and advance Council initiatives to enhance the interactivity and engagement of its educational offerings.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Build effective working relationships with content contributors and subject matter experts to develop in-person, online, and blended offerings that meet market demands and continuing education requirements
· Write course design documents, learning objectives, and course content
· Create and execute project plans that deliver results on time and on budget
· Produce SCORM-compliant eLearning and in-person offerings
· Ensure quality and efficiency throughout instructional design processes
· Review existing content to measure effectiveness and recommend enhancements
· Research best practices and industry trends to apply to RRC training programs
· Research, solicit, and offer suggestions for improvements to training content and delivery, including ideas for new programs and curricular innovations that meet market needs
· Coordinate with consultants and vendors as needed on the development and implementation of offerings
· Execute other tasks and duties relevant to the position, as they emerge
This description should not be construed to contain every function or responsibility that may be required to be performed by an incumbent in this job. Incumbents are required to perform other related functions as assigned.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· BA/BS in Instructional Design, Adult Education, Educational Technology, or related field required; MA preferred
· Advanced proficiency with rapid development course authoring tools such as Captivate, Lectora, and Storyline
· Advanced proficiency with productivity applications such as Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat
· Experience with Learning Management System integration and processes (preferred)
· Working knowledge of graphic design principles and proficiency with graphic editing applications (candidate will not build/design graphics, but will need the ability to understand how graphics elements can enhance the learning materials, and will need to modify/edit images)
· Acute attention to detail and prioritization skills are essential.
· Proficiency with audio/video editing applications such as Audacity and Adobe Premiere
· Ability to excel in a fast-paced entrepreneurial, team-oriented environment. “Can-do” attitude is critical to success.
· Excellent writing, editing, proofreading, and interpersonal skills
· Highly organized with proven project and time management skills
· Ability to travel to business meetings a few times a year
· Working knowledge of adult learning theories, higher order thinking theory (Bloom’s Taxonomy), and instructional design models (such as ADDIE and SAM)
The Residential Real Estate Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status or disability.