Human Resources and Facilities Manager
The Residential Real Estate Council (RRC) is a professional organization comprised of more than 34,000 REALTOR® members. RRC supports its members with education, networking events, practitioner developed tools and mentoring. It also awards the CRS Designation to experienced REALTORS® who have completed advanced professional training and demonstrated outstanding professional achievement in residential real estate. RRC is the largest not-for-profit affiliate of the National Association of REALTORS®.
Maintains and enhances the organization's human resources by planning, implementing, and evaluating employee relations and human resources policies, programs, and practices. Responsible for recruiting, talent management, staff development, salary and compensation, benefits, employee relations with emphasis on legal and policy compliance, and employee communication.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
Recruitment, Hiring, and Onboarding
- Manages operational support for recruitment and hiring process to assist managers in updating job descriptions, post job vacancies, review resumes for managers, assist with interview scheduling, draft offer letters, review vacancy file paperwork collected from managers.
- Provides administrative orientation for new employees on benefits enrollment, administration and operations procedures.
- Serves as RRC liaison with temporary staffing agencies. Meets with representatives, recommends new or updated contracts, places orders, reviews and distributes resumes, provides orientation to temps, follows up with supervisors and completes necessary paperwork.
Performance Management and Employee Development
- Ensures planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work results by training managers to coach and discipline employees;
- Schedules management conferences with employees; coordinates development opportunities with managers; hears and resolves employee grievances; provides counsel to employees and supervisors.
- Assists employees with setting professional development objectives.
- Assists managers in developing employee professional development and/or improvement plans if needed.
- Assists with employee training session preparations, prepares reports and data, and tracks receipt of reviews, evaluations, and performance objectives.
- Develops and implements employee relations programs to foster a positive employer/employee relationship and promote a high level of employee morale, satisfaction, and engagement.
- Holds required mandatory updates and education sessions as needed
Compensation and Benefits
- Liaison to payroll processor for submission of timesheet and payroll information.
- Manages administration of annual events such as benefits enrollment, open enrollment communications and procedures.
- Provides input and manages logistics for compensation audits, reviews, reports and presentations and researches market compensation data.
- Provides support for job classification projects, revisions to job descriptions, FLSA reviews and market salary reviews.
- Holds required mandatory updates and education sessions as required.
- Provides support for documentation required, severance agreements, separation/severance paperwork and coordination with the Finance and Information Technology Department.
- Updates various lists, records and reports following separations.
- Assure the effective functioning of a facility to provide an efficient and safe working environment for employees and their activities by using best business practices to manage resources, services and processes to meet the needs of the company.
- Monitor the maintenance of office equipment, service contracts and general office maintenance.
- Provides support for expansion or renovation projects, as they arise over the course of the RRC lease
Education, Experience and Competencies
- BA in business management, human resources, organizational development or related field, MA preferred
- Minimum of five years human resource management, nonprofit/association experience is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Superior organization, prioritization, and self-motivation skills
- Strong computer literacy skills with the MS Office Suite, HRIS systems, and CRM systems
- Ability to interact effectively as either a leader or as a member of a team and work collaboratively with other departments
- Ability to listen to customers (e.g. staff, etc.) and to understand and respond positively to their requests
- Ability to work without close supervision and to set one's own priorities
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and successfully meet deadlines