The Chief Marketing Officer directs, develops, and guides the marketing and communication activities of the Residential Real Estate Council (RRC). Working collaboratively with a diverse staff team, the CMO creates and manages cross-organizational, integrated marketing strategies. The CMO develops positive relationship with partners, vendors and other organizations, focuses on developing and promoting new products and services, and develops and maintains budgets for all marketing, communication, business and product development activities.
Specific objectives of this position include:
Developing strategic direction of the marketing and communications department and marketing and communication activities of the Council.
- Developing and maintaining a strategic perspective – based on marketplace and members needs and satisfaction – in organizational direction, programs and services and decision making to ensure the overall health and vitality of the Council.
The CMO reports to the Chief Executive Officer and is a member of the senior management team. As member of the senior management team, the CMO will have opportunity to play a pivotal role in further defining the organization within the residential real estate industry. The CMO interacts with Council leadership at the highest level, including providing reports to the Board of Directors and key committees.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
In collaboration with the Chief Executive Officer, the CMO will have responsibilities in the areas of:
- Responsible for the implementation of RRC’s Strategic Plan as it pertains to Marketing and Communications department.
- Responsible for developing short- and long-term plans and budget for the department, monitoring progress and assuring adherence.
- Responsible for reviewing activities, costs and operations to determine progress toward stated goals and objectives.
- Responsible for setting performance expectations for the Marketing and Communications team.
- Responsible for creating an environment conducive to the development of an effective team.
- Help formulate and administer policies to ensure the integrity of the Council.
- Manage, motivate, challenge and delegate to others.
- Maintain a positive workplace environment and a highly motivated staff through effective leadership and empowerment of employees.
- Provide for the proper staffing and leadership of marketing, communications, business and product development, which provides shared services for other RRC departments.
- Represent RRC, as directed by the CEO at Council’s events and other external and internal audiences.
Marketing, Communications and Public Relations:
- Create, implement and measure all marketing, communications and public relations programs that will grow membership and grow revenue, enhance the Council’s image and position within the marketplace, and facilitate all Council’s marketing, communications and public relations activities and materials including publications, media relations, etc.
- Build on RRC’s already strong brand identity, and ensure the Council’s desired image and position, assure consistent communication of image and position throughout the Council, and assure communication of image and position to all constituencies.
- Identify new opportunities to further extend and define the Council’s brand to significantly increase the Council’s membership nationally and internationally.
Business and Product Development
- Identify new partnerships and revenue, sources such as sponsorship, advertising or exhibits to support development of new products and services.
- Generate new business through both internal and external marketing and communication campaigns.
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience in marketing, business development and communications, with a proven successful track record.
- MBA or other advanced education in marketing preferred, but not required.
- Experience working in a nonprofit organization or association a plus.
- Experience developing new products using market indicators.
- Strong analytical, business, and leadership skills.
- A proven track record of creating and executing marketing and sales strategies.
- Experience in developing and executing digital marketing and social media campaigns.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams.
- Effective group communication and presentation skills.
- Budget and financial management skills.
- The ability to plan and execute for both the long and short term.
- Team building and leadership skills.
- Effective staff management and success in inspiring and motivating staff to achieve aggressive goals.
- The ability to establish effective working relationships with key players, both within the association and externally.